SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
p-ADIC FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS
June 17-21, 2002
Analysis in and over valued fields other than R or C
- W. Schikhof (Nijmegen),
- A. Escassut (Clermont Ferrand),
- C. Perez-Garcia (Santander)
Department of Mathematics, University of Nijmegen,
6525 ED Nijmegen
phone: +31243652874 (office Schikhof)
The organizers are grateful to the following institutions
for financially supporting the conference:
All scientific activities will take place in lecture room N5 in the N-building of the
Faculty of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Computer Science of
the University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
See Travel information
for details on locations.
Each participant is asked to contribute by means of a lecture of
half an hour, on recent research, in English.
A schedule of talks will be handed out during registration, Sunday June 16.
During the Conference a shuttle bus will provide transportation between your hotel and the
List of participants
Participants whose applications are officially registered.
***NEW! FIND YOUR HOTEL BELOW. ROOM NUMBERS ARE PROVISIONAL.***
- J.Aguayo (Concepción, Chile): Catharina, room 6
- Ta Thi Hoai An (Taipei, Taiwan): Rozenhof, room 4
- J.Araujo (Santander, Spain): Catharina, room 5
- M.Berz (East Lansing, USA): Rozenhof, room 8
- A.Boutabaa (Clermont Ferrand, France): Dekkerswald, room 253
- B.Diarra (Clermont Ferrand, France): Dekkerswald, room 252
- A.Escassut (Clermont Ferrand, France): Dekkerswald, room 257
- N.De Grande-De Kimpe (Willebroek, Belgium): Dekkerswald, room 251
- L.Vanhamme (Brussels, Belgium): Dekkerswald, room 245
- J.Kakol (Poznan, Poland): Dekkerswald, room 250
- A.Katsaras (Ioannina, Greece): Catharina, room 3
- H.Keller & spouse (Horw, Switzerland): Rozenhof, room 6 (th-su)
- A.Khrennikov (Växjö, Sweden): Rozenhof, room 10
- A.Kochubei (Kiev, Ukraine): Dekkerswald, room 249
- A.Kubzdela (Poznan, Poland): Dekkerswald, room 237
- A.J.Lemin (Moscow, Russia): Rozenhof, room 12
- N.Mainetti (Clermont Ferrand, France): Dekkerswald, room 238
- L.Narici (New York, USA): Catharina, room 12
- P.N.Natarajan (Madras, India): Rozenhof, room 15
- S.Navarro (Santiago, Chile), Catharina, room 10
- R.Nyqvist (Växjö, Sweden): Rozenhof, room 16
- H.Ochsenius (Santiago, Chile): Catharina, room 8
- C.Perez Garcia (Santander, Spain): Dekkerswald, room 255
- C.Petalas (Ioannina, Greece): Catharina, room 4
- S.Priess (München, Germany): Dekkerswald, room 240
- P.Ribenboim (Kingston, Canada)+spouse: Dekkerswald, room 248
- J.Rivera-Letelier (Stony Brook, USA): Rozenhof, room 6 (su-tu)
- A.van Rooij (Nijmegen, The Netherlands): home
- M.C.Sarmant (Clermont Ferrand, France): Dekkerswald, room 242
- W.Schikhof (Nijmegen, The Netherlands): home
- W.Sliwa (Poznan, Poland): Dekkerswald, room 244
- P.A.Svensson (Växjö, Sweden): Rozenhof, room 20
- X.Vidaux (Le Mans, France): Rozenhof, room 19
- C-C.Yang (Hong Kong, China): Dekkerswald, room 235
- Jose Aguayo: Non-archimedean Integral Operators on spaces of continuous functions.
- Jose Aguayo, Samuel Navarro, A property for nonarchimedean locally convex spaces.
- Ta Thi Hoai An, Julie Tzu-Yueh Wang, Pit-Mann Wong: Uniqueness polynomials in positive characteristic.
- Jesus Araujo, Isomorphisms with small bound between spaces of p-adic continuous functions.
- Martin Berz: Cauchy Theory on the Levi Civita Field.
- Kamal Boussaf, Alain Escassut, Nicolas Mainetti: Analytic mappings in the tree Mult(K[x]).
- Abdelbaki Boutabaa, Alain Escassut: Nevanlinna Theory and unique range sets in positive characteristic.
- Bertin Diarra: The Hopf algebra .
- N. De Grande-De Kimpe, J. Kakol, C. Perez-Garcia: Metrizability of compactoid sets in non-Archimedean
- L. Van Hamme: P-adic analysis and the calculus of finite differences.
- A.K. Katsaras: Strict Topologies and Vector-Measures on non-Archimedean Spaces.
- Andrei Khrennikov, Sergei Ludkovsky: Non-Archimedean stochastic processes.
- Anatoly N. Kochubei: Carlitz differential equations with regular singularity over a function field.
- Albert Kubzdela: Hahn-Banach subspaces in Banach spaces with base.
- Alex Lemin: Extension of non-expanding functions and metrics on metric and ultrametric spaces.
- Nicolas Mainetti: Gelfand Transform and Spectral Radius Formulae for Ultrametric Banach Algebras.
- Lawrence Narici, Edward Beckenstein: Automatic Continuity of Basis Separating Maps.
- P.N.Natarajan: Some More Properties of the Weighted Means in Non-Archimedean Fields.
- Marcus Nilsson, Robert Nyqvist: The asymptotic number of periodic points of discrete polynomial p-adic dynamical
- H.Ochsenius, W.H.Schikhof: Compact operators in non-classical Hilbert spaces.
- C. Perez-Garcia, W.H. Schikhof: Finite-dimensional orthocomplemented subspaces in p-adic normed spaces
- C.G. Petalas, A.K. Katsaras: P-Adic Spaces with Strict Topologies as Topological Algebras.
- Dinamerico P. Pombo Jr., Topological modules over strictly minimal topological rings.
- Sibylla Priess-Crampe, Paulo Ribenboim: Differential Equations over Valued Fields.
- Juan Rivera-Letelier: A characterisation of injective holomorphic functions in ultrametric analysis.
- Alain Salinier: Valuations of a differential polynomial ring
- Marie-Claude Sarmant: Analytic roots of a rational function.
- Khodr Shamseddine, Martin Berz: Measure Theory and Integration on the Levi-Civita Field.
- Wieslaw Sliwa: On the quasi-equivalence of orthogonal bases in non-archimedean metrizable locally convex spaces
- Per-Anders Svensson: Dynamical Systems in Unramified or Totally Ramified Extensions of the p-adic Number Field.
- C.C. Yang: On meromorphic functions over non-Archimedean fields.
It is our purpose to have the Proceedings of the Conference published;
at this moment it is not clear yet through which Publisher. We are
considering several possibilities (the prospects to have it done by Marcel
Dekker are bleak). As soon we know more we will let you know.
We hope that every speaker will contribute by writing a research paper of
15-20 pages. The papers should not have been published before and may not be
published elsewhere later on. Every paper will be refereed. All papers
should be written in Latex. Pictures should be in black and white.
Please, deliver your paper at the beginning of the Conference in the form of
a floppy and 3 hard copies.
200 Euros. Accompanying persons (e.g. spouses) are charged
250 Euros. Payments in cash euros. No credit cards, cheques, or other
currencies. Participants are offered a single room and board,
but are requested to take care about their own travel
Arrival and departure:
The conference starts Monday, June 17 in the morning and will end Friday,
June 21 in the afternoon. On Friday there will be a farewell dinner, and we
hope that each participant will attend.
Registration and payment Conference Fee: Sunday afternoon
14.00-21.00 hours in 'het Kasteeltje', Geert Grooteplein 9, 6525 ED Nijmegen,
telephone (Sunday 14.00-21.00): +31243615257, see
Travel information for the
directions. This is also a good opportunity to meet fellow participants.
Snacks and drinks will be available. About 19.30 a simple meal will be offered.
After that a bus will take you to your hotel.
Unfortunately we are not in a position to pick you up
from the railway station or airport, so you have to do this yourself, using
the Travel information .
However we shall try to use private cars to transport participants who have
arrived early enough and want to install or rest, from 'het Kasteeltje'
to their hotel, in the
afternoon. At 19.00 a bus will pick you up from your hotel to take you to 'het
Kasteeltje' for the meal.
The 19.00 bus could also be used by those who have gone directly to their hotels
upon arrival in Nijmegen, but only in the case of 'Rozenhof' or 'Catharina'.
WARNING: On Sunday June 16 there will be no staff in Dekkerswald.
So, those who are staying in 'de Kentering (Dekkerswald)' are urged to go
DIRECTLY to 'het Kasteeltje' for registration. There you will receive the
keys to open the front door of 'de Kentering' and to enter your hotel room.
Departure: Saturday June 22 after breakfast: all rooms are reserved from
Sunday night June 16 until Saturday June 22 after breakfast.
(how to get to Nijmegen, how to get to your accomodation, maps)
Last changed on June 10 2002,polman